Experience a Food-Lover’s Provence with T+L and Cox & Kings
In this special installment of T+L's promotional partnership with luxury adventure operator Cox & Kings, readers can join Luke Barr, Travel + Leisure Features Director and author of PROVENCE, 1970: M.F.K. Fisher, Julia Child, James Beard, and the Reinvention of American Taste, for a once-in-a-lifetime epicurean journey to Provence, France.
In his new book, Barr—the grand-nephew of legendary food writer M.F.K. Fisher—tells the behind-the-scenes story of a seminal moment in the history of American gastronomy.
• A tour of the farmer's markets, bakeries, and charcuteries described in the book, including those where Julia Child once shopped; a visit to the Fragonard perfume workshop; and a historical tour of Nice
• A visit to La Roquette village, lunch in Moulin de Mougins garden, admission to the Picasso Museum, and a cooking class with a Michelin-starred chef in Nice
• A visit to Saint Paul de Vence, the Matisse Museum, and a 14th-century wine cellar in Vence; a Provençal cooking class at La Pitchoune, on Simone Beck's former estate, in Nice
• Tastings at two vineyards, including Domaine Tempier, followed by a sommelier-led wine dinner in Aix-en-Provence
• Olive oil and wine tastings, a tour of Roman sites and the Les Halles market, and dinner at the iconic Hiely Lucullus, in Arles
The limited-size group journey includes:
• 4 nights at the Hôtel La Pérouse in Nice
• 2 nights at Hôtel La Pigonnet in Aix-en-Provence
• 2 nights at Grand Hôtel Nord-Pinus in Arles
• Daily breakfast, 4 lunches, and 4 dinners; full itinerary; all entrance fees; private transfers
Travel Date: September 12-20, 2014.
The Details: 9 days and 8 nights, from $9,995 per person.*
SPACE IS LIMITED
Want more information? Click here.
T+L Trips are presented to our readers through a promotional partnership with Cox & Kings.
**Advertised rates are in U.S. dollars, per person, based on double occupancy subject to availability. Airfare to France is not included. For complete terms and restrictions, visit coxandkingsusa.com. California CST# 2105853-50.