Deals: Discover America This Summer
Looking forward to your summer vacation already? Get your plans in motion and save some money at the same time, because Discover America, America’s official travel website, just launched a daily getaway travel promotion today that features deeply discounted travel deals within the United States, some offering great behind-the-scenes travel experiences (like today's trip to New York's Fashion Week).
Every weekday from today until June 4, there will be specially priced travel products and trips available on www.DailyGetways.com with up to 50 percent off from some of America’s best hotels, airlines, rental cars, attractions, theme parks, restaurants and shops.
There is a limited number of deals available each day, so act quickly. Today’s Sheraton, Four Points by Sheraton, and aloft by W Hotels deals are already sold out, but tomorrow there will be the opportunity to snag a fly and stay deal from United Airlines and Four Seasons Hotels in San Francisco, Las Vegas, Chicago, or Washington, D.C.
In addition to these daily deals, there is also a special getaway package auction offered each weekday through June 4 (open exclusively to American Express Card holders). Bidding opens each day at 10 A.M. ET and closes at 10 P.M. ET.
* 2 round-trip domestic coach-class airline tickets from anywhere in the continental U.S. to New York City on any airline up to a maximum of $1,000, inclusive of taxes and fees.
* 2 nights hotel stay at Le Parker Meridien (double occupancy).
* 2 seats at an NYC Fashion Week show.
* A meet-and-greet with a top fashion designer.
* A styling experience for 2 at a top designer boutique.
* Private car service for 1 night to chauffeur you and your guest to various retail stores and shopping neighborhoods during Fashion's Night Out.
* An exclusive shopping experience at Saks Fifth Avenue for you and your guest, including the use of a VIP suite in the Fifth Avenue Club, a personal consultation for each person with an image consultant and a VIP 15% shopping savings at Saks for that day, and complimentary lunch at Cafe Saks Fifth Avenue.
* One $500 Macy's gift card plus a Welcome Savings Pass.
* 2 tickets to a Broadway show in a participating Shubert Theatre.
* 2 priority-entrance guest passes to The Metropolitan Museum of Art, which includes an audio-guided tour for Costume: The Art of Dress, narrated by Sarah Jessica Parker.
* Dinner for 2 at Tribeca Grill, up to $200.
There are plenty of other auctions going on this month, too. Other auctions happening this week include a behind-the-scenes tour of Orlando (starting bid $1,100), a food and wine escape to San Francisco (starting bid $2,100), and a musical getaway to Austin (starting bid $2,400).
Lyndsey Matthews in an online editorial intern at Travel + Leisure.