World's Top Adventure Trips
What to Ask Before You Book
- How long have you been in business?
- Have you been to this destination yourself? How many times? Can I talk to some clients who have been on the trip?
- What’s the activity level of the trip? How many miles will we walk each day? Do the guides have first-aid training?
- Will I need to buy any equipment that isn’t supplied?
- How many people will be in the group? What’s the age range, and will there be children?
- Are transfers included? What about domestic airfares, hotels for nights before and after the trip itself, and other incidentals?
- Is tipping included, and if not, what are your guidelines? Are there different standards for different types of trip?
- If biking is involved, inquire: What types of bikes will we ride? How many miles will we ride? How many feet of elevation will we climb each day? What will be my options if I can’t make it all the way?
- If you’re going on safari, ask: What kind of accommodations will be provided? What is your guest-to-guide ratio? What are the qualifications of the guides? How many travelers will be looking at the same animals at the same time?