The top family-friendly hotels, resorts, and cruises around the globe, as voted on by T+L readers.
1. Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris
Lavish, with a Rolls-Royce Phantom and a recreation manager just for the kids.
2. Astir Palace Resort, Athens
Private Mediterranean peninsula, home to the Westin Athens and Arion, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa.
3. Luna Hotel Baglioni, Venice
On Piazza San Marco; with painting courses for kids at the Peggy Guggenheim museum nearby.
4. J.K. Place, Florence, Italy
Town house with a glass-roofed breakfast courtyard.
5. Hotel Villa Magna, Madrid
Centrally located and fresh from a chic re-do.
1. Pudong Shangri-La, Shanghai
Site of the family-friendly Yi Café—kids love the waterfall and the dough figurines.
Cushy digs overlooking the Chao Phraya River (ask for a terrace with a hot tub).
3. Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra, India
Mughal era-inspired rooms with unobstructed views of the Taj Mahal.
4. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
Sign up for Thai cooking and culture classes.
5. Westin Bund Center, Shanghai
Two sleek towers above the waterfront, with an unmissable brunch (think dancers and acrobats).
1. Kichwa Tembo, Masai Mara, Kenya
Glamorous safari tents (that are more like luxury hotel rooms) and hot-air balloon rides over the Mara plains.
2. Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club, Nanyuki, Kenya
It’s oh-so-civilized: Take tea by the fire just as Winston Churchill once did after horseback riding or croquet.
3. Ngorongoro Crater Lodge, Tanzania
Sumptuously furnished Masai-inspired cabins and a top-notch children’s program.
4. Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge, Kenya
Game drives and views of Mount Kilimanjaro from your window.
5. Cape Grace, Cape Town, South Africa
Service-focused mainstay, with a chartered yacht and complimentary BMW rides to Table Mountain.
1. Disney Cruise Line
2. Crystal Cruises
3. Regent Seven Seas Cruises
4. Oceania Cruises
5. Royal Caribbean International
1. Lindblad Expeditions
2. Viking River Cruises
3. Silversea Cruises
4. Grand Circle Travel
Rankings are based on reader evaluations collected in Travel + Leisure’s 2009 World’s Best Awards survey. Respondents rated hotels on how well they cater to families. Scores are indexed averages of responses, rounded to the nearest hundredth of a point; in a tie, properties share the same ranking. For full survey details, see travelandleisure.com/worldsbest.