1. Four Seasons Hotel, Dublin
Great Value Big rooms with views of the Royal Dublin Society showgrounds; kids can try out the on-loan hurling sticks and scooters at nearby Herbert Park. Doubles from $225.
2. Grand Hotel Majestic – Gia Baglioni, Bologna, Italy
Fifteenth-century landmark with Venetian furnishings and frescoed ceilings located near the kid-pleasing Ferrari, Ducati, and Lamborghini museums. Doubles from $549.
2. San Clemente Palace & Resort, Venice
Monastery turned hotel that now has a spa and pitch-and-putt golf—plus a motorboat to whisk you to Piazza San Marco. Doubles from $320, including breakfast.
4. Palazzo Sasso, Ravello, Italy
Dramatic Amalfi Coast villa with two rooftop Jacuzzis and a year-old beach club. Doubles from $515, including breakfast.
5. Mount Juliet Estate, Thomastown, County Kilkenny, Ireland
Elegant country estate where kids can take lessons in horseback riding, fishing, and golf. Doubles from $360.
6. Marbella Club Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa, Marbella, Spain
Former prince’s residence in Andalusia, with a private, sun-bed-dotted beach and a not-to-be missed buffet lunch. Doubles from $550.
7. Hotel Splendido, Portofino, Italy
Board the property’s 36-foot Chris-Craft motorboat for a cruise along the Italian Riviera. Doubles from $941, including breakfast.
8. Olissippo Lapa Palace, Lisbon
Palm-shaded outdoor pool and a bird’s-eye view of the city’s red-tile roofs. Doubles from $472, including breakfast.
9. Regina Hotel Baglioni, Rome
Belle Époque property on the Via Veneto, minutes from the Spanish Steps. Doubles from $820.
10. Domaine des Hauts de Loire, Loire Valley, France
Great Value Families can opt for connecting rooms in this château’s carriage house—then hit the hedge-bordered pool or tour nearby Chaumont-sur-Loire castle. Doubles from $168.