U.S. + Canada
1. Inn at Palmetto Bluff, Bluffton, South Carolina
Plantation-style cottages and a Jack Nicklaus golf course at a low-country retreat that’s a popular spot for family reunions. Two-bedroom villas from $1,300.
2. WaterColor Inn & Resort, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
New Urbanist vacation rentals and a David Rockwell–designed inn on the Florida Panhandle, tucked between a dune lake and a stretch of glittering sand. Doubles from $325.
3. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Safari lodge near the theme park on a 33-acre African grasslands–style preserve where zebras, giraffes, and gazelles roam free. Doubles from $375.
4. Disney’s Beach Club Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Blue-shingled spread with the feel of a historic hotel, offering direct access to shipwreck-themed Stormalong Bay water park and free transportation to Disney World. Doubles from $465.
5. Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Woodsy Arts and Crafts–style compound inside Disney’s Magic Kingdom with a geyser that gushes on Old Faithful’s schedule. Doubles from $375.
6. Sanctuary at Kiawah Island, South Carolina
Golf-centric resort (five courses, four with family tees) where activities range from beachcombing to butterfly walks. Doubles from $435.
7. Disney’s Boardwalk Inn & Villas, Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Nostalgic take on a seaside village, complete with carnival games, jugglers, and a boardwalk-edged lake. Doubles from $475.
8. Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, Anaheim, California
Disneyland’s crown jewel has its own entrance to California Adventure, getting you into the park a full hour before the crowds. Doubles from $395.
9. Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Porthole mirrors and crisp striped curtains evoke a nautical mood at this lakeside resort in Disney World. Doubles from $465.
10. Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch, Avon, Colorado
Majestically scaled lodge on Beaver Mountain with ski nannies who will shepherd your brood to the slopes while you decompress with a private yoga lesson. Doubles from $779.
11. Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Kaupulehu, Big Island, Hawaii
Ocean-view bungalows, plus a tricked-out teen lounge and baby-proofed rooms for guests with infants. Doubles from $655.
12. The Homestead, Hot Springs, Virginia
Great Value A 1902 white-columned classic in the Allegheny Mountains with an equestrian center, fly-fishing, and a spring-fed indoor pool. Doubles from $185.
13. Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa, Hawaii
Thrills for all ages, from a 150-foot winding waterslide to a Robert Trent Jones Jr.–designed golf course on an oceanside cliff. Doubles from $540.