The Caribbean + Bermuda
1. Hotel Guanahani & Spa, St. Bart’s
Creole-style cottages reopening Dec. 15 after a $6 million renovation that will add two family suites. Doubles from $784.
2. Tucker’s Point Hotel & Spa, Bermuda
A favorite of the golf and tennis crowd, on the island’s largest private pink-sand beach. Doubles from $590.
3. Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, Jamaica
All-inclusive island extravaganza where teens can learn to spin vinyl at a DJ academy and Sesame Street characters show up for meet-and-greets. Adults from $469 per person per night, $105 for children ages 2–16.
4. Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, Providenciales
Four distinctive themed enclaves (including the new all-suite “Italian” village) share a 45,000-square-foot water park and a 21-and-under nightclub. Adults from $518 per person per night, $105 for children ages 2–16.
5. Jamaica Inn, Ocho Rios, Jamaica
The antithesis of the island’s all-inclusive mega-resorts, a 47-suite respite on a private beach. Doubles from $479.
5. Nisbet Plantation Beach Club, Nevis
Wicker-furnished cottages on a palm-fringed 18th-century former sugar plantation. Doubles from $656, including breakfast and dinner.
7. Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
The launchpad for the Ambassadors of the Environment by Jean-Michel Cousteau program, offering everything from underwater photography to moonlit snorkeling. Doubles from $599.
8. Grand Cayman Beach Suites, Cayman Islands
Right on Seven Mile Beach, with diving, snorkeling, catamaran sailing, and a nine-hole Jack Nicklaus golf course for landlubbers. Doubles from $650.
9. Playa Linda Beach Resort, Aruba
Time-share property on a stretch of white sand with apartment-like accommodations for weeklong stays. Studios from $305.
10. Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa—A Wyndham Grand Resort, Puerto Rico
The Atlantic in front; El Yunque rain forest out back; and three pools, two golf courses, and 13 tennis courts in between. Doubles from $529.