26. Hawk’s Cay Resort, Duck Key, Florida
Breezy West Indian–style villas and family rooms, an on-site dolphin program, and a full menu of aquatics for teens, including sailing lessons and reef dives. Doubles from $399.
27. Pelican Hill, Newport Beach, California
On 504 acres, sprawling Pacific-facing bungalows and villas, as well as an indoor-outdoor kids’ club. Doubles from $495.
27. Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, Dallas
Gracious peach-colored hotel in a leafy residential neighborhood, plus a driver at the ready to whisk you to area destinations. Doubles from $595.
29. Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows, Big Island, Hawaii
Kohala Coast resort with the only children’s golf course in Hawaii. Doubles from $455.
30. Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa, Hawaii
Free-form pools and a shallow, sand-bordered lagoon by day; sky-gazing with an on-site astronomer by night. Doubles from $394.
30. Westin La Cantera Resort, San Antonio, Texas
Oasis with a clay-tiled roof on a mesquite- and live oak–covered plateau 30 minutes from the historic downtown. Doubles from $279.
32. La Costa Resort & Spa, Carlsbad, California
Immensely appealing for both kids (playroom, water park, and Guitar Hero–equipped teen center) and parents (43,000-square-foot spa and holistic center founded by Deepak Chopra). Doubles from $429.
33. Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Big Island, Hawaii
On one of Hawaii’s best stretches of sand, where Keiki Club members can build sandcastles and go on beach scavenger hunts. Doubles from $450.
34. Four Seasons Resort Whistler, British Columbia
At the base of Blackcomb Mountain, with the biggest rooms in town and ski concierges to wax your boards and warm your boots. Doubles from $385.
35. Disney’s Vero Beach Resort, Florida
Calm compound on the Atlantic that’s the perfect pre- or post- Orlando furlough. Doubles from $310.
36. Tides Inn, Irvington, Virginia
Crabbing, croquet, and kayaking at a 1946 resort on its own river-flanked peninsula. Doubles from $320.
37. Grand Wailea, Maui, Hawaii
Mega-resort where everything is outsize—a 20,000-square-foot kids’ club; nine pools on six levels, with the world’s first water elevator. Doubles from $429.