The Measure of Greatness
6,600: Pounds of luggage carried daily by bellhops at the Park Hyatt Sydney.
• 90: Percentage of students who successfully learn to surf from instructor David "Taio" Shipman at the Kahala Mandarin Oriental on Oahu.
• 21,600: Shoes shined by butlers each year on Crystal Cruises' two ships.
• 11: Personalized wooden signs carved per week for each guest room at Fiji's Turtle Island.
• 150,000: Bottles of Hermès shampoo given to guests annually at the Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong.
• 350: Number of leis handed to guests each week at Maui's Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua.
• 30,000: Pieces of dim sum prepared each month at the Oriental, Singapore.
• 132: Bottles of champagne that can be delivered to guest rooms within 15 minutes at the Ritz-Carlton, Cancún.
• 1: Times the pool has been drained to retrieve a lost engagement ring at Dallas's Mansion on Turtle Creek.
• 400: Flower arrangements made daily at the Oriental, Bangkok.
• 1,095: "Allergy sensitive" guest rooms prepared to date by housekeeping at the Ritz-Carlton, Chicago.
• 13: Rolls-Royces used for airport transfers at the Peninsula Hong Kong.
• 31,250: Rose petals used in one year for the "bed of roses" turndown service at the Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix.
• 500: Shirts pressed daily at the Four Seasons Hotel, Chicago.
• 1: British MP's saved from drowning by the pool staff at Venice's Hotel Cipriani.
• 11,000: Cars parked each year by valets at the Ritz-Carlton, Naples.
• 9,000: Baby turtles born on the beach annually and helped to the water as part of the Sea Turtle Release Program at the Marriott CasaMagna Puerto Vallarta Resort.
• 1,000: S'mores served every weekend during beach bonfires at the Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island.
• 600: Orchids placed in rooms weekly at the Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead.
• 3: Times per day flowers are changed at the Four Seasons Hotel George V in Paris.
• 247,480: Oranges squeezed for juice annually at Canyon Ranch Health Resort in Tucson.
• 21: Average number of years staffers have worked at the Mount Kenya Safari Club.
• 800: Pounds of food fed to fish daily to ensure health of undersea life at Atlantis, Paradise Island.
• 190: Pounds of truffles served to guests annually at the Hôtel de Crillon in Paris.
World's Best Service
The Continental U.S. and Canada
Mexico and Central and South America
Africa and the Middle East
The Caribbean, Bermuda, and The Bahamas
Australia, New Zealand, and the South Pacific
The Measure of Greatness
The Secret of Ritz-Carlton's Success