View from the Sydney Harbour Bridge
Published: November 2013
By Frances Hibbard
What T+L spotted from the Harbour Bridge’s 287-foot-high viewing platform overlooking the Rocks and Circular Quay.
Photo: Petrina Tinslay
1. St. George Open Air Cinema: No cineplex can compete with the waterfront backdrop at this outdoor theater in the Royal Botanic Gardens. First-run screenings begin next month.
2. Café Nice: Serving classic Provençal dishes—including a niçoise salad mixed right at your table—this new brasserie brings a sliver of Côte d’Azur cool to Sydney’s harbor. $$
3. Bulletin Place: A den of locally sourced iniquity: fruit-driven cocktails are made with the best of the day’s produce. Try the nectarine rickey or white-grape collins.
4. Rockpool: Chef Neil Perry was a culinary icon of 1990’s Sydney. Now he has moved his original Rockpool restaurant to the heart of the financial district—and weekday power lunches are back on the menu. $$$
5. Museum of Contemporary Art Australia: Fresh off a $50 million renovation, MCA presents “War is Over! (if you want it),” a Yoko Ono retrospective, on view through February 23.
Restaurant Pricing Key
$ Less than $25
$$ $25 to $75
$$$ $75 to $150
$$$$ More than $150