1. Chicago Duck-fat fries at Hot Doug’s. $3.50.
2. Hong Kong Soup noodles with braised brisket, sweet spices, and tangerine peel at Kau Kee. $2.
3. Lisbon Portuguese custard tarts at Pastéis de Belém. $1.20.
4. Montreal Poutine (fries with gravy and cheese; 25 varieties) at La Banquise. From $4.
5. Shanghai Xiao long bao (Shanghainese soup dumplings) at Nanxiang Mantou Dian. $1.
How we use your e-mail address
© 2014 Time Inc. Affluent Media Group. A part of the Time.com sites. All rights reserved.