These vibrant island-appropriate finds will make a splash.
- Rattan clutch with leather detailing by Hollywould, $695.
- Charm necklace with gardenia-, violet-, and jasmine-infused Daisy solid perfume by Marc Jacobs, $35.
- Hand-painted hemp-and-silk scarf by Dianora Salviati, $340.
- Neoprene tote by Louis Vuitton, $1,860.
- Soap set by Claus Porto, $19.
- Turquoise-and-silver earrings by Links of London, $295.
- Travel beauty set by La Mer, $340.
- Patent-leather sandals by Allegra Hicks, $400.
- Cotton towel by Christy, $30.
- Boar-skin key chains by Jack Spade, $45 each.
- Marine-scented candle in handblown-glass by Lafco New York, $52.
- UV exposure monitor by Oregon Scientific, $30.
- Sterling silver–and-quartz necklace by Celestina, $750.
The Royal Welcome at Nassau’s new reggae-themed Marley Resort gets guests in the groove with room discounts and foot massages. Doubles from $250.
Channel your inner Jacques Cousteau with the Discover Atlantis package from the Cove Atlantis: admission to the resort’s 97-acre marine reserve is free. Doubles from $735.
On the slopes or après ski, opt for sporty and sleek in the Rockies.
- Wool tote by Kate Spade, $445.
- Patched fox-fur vest by Adrienne Landau, $645.
- Black Diamond illuminating powder enriched with mother-of-pearl by Dior, $80.
- Silver water-resistant watch with stainless-steel bracelet by Tag Heuer, $2,500.
- Flannel pajamas by BedHead Pajamas, $114.
- Rabbit-fur mittens by A.P.C., $210.
- White ash–and-rawhide snowshoes by Country Ways, $249.
- Merino wool shawl by Lutz & Patmos, $250.
- Merino wool hat by Lutz & Patmos, $160.
- Handheld touch screen GPS by Garmin, $599.
- Patent-leather wallet by YSL, $395.
- Down-filled vinyl jacket by Moncler, $1,050.
The two-night Toast to Snow package at the redone Limelight Lodge, a mountain-chic hotel in downtown Aspen, keeps ski bunnies happy— not only are lift passes included but guests are also treated to free wine and snacks. Doubles from $598.
Ski, snowboard, and dog-sled your way through Beaver Creek with the four-night Winter Adventure at Osprey at Beaver Creek, the latest property from RockResorts, and the first hotel to open here in 10 years. Doubles from $2,000.
Intricate patterns and jeweled detailing are perfect for the traveler with far-flung tastes.
- Python clutch with moonstone cabochons by Asha by ADM, $1,100.
- Turquoise-and–coral necklace by Rose Anne de Pampelonne, $710.
- White-gold earrings with chalcedony and mother-of-pearl by Van Cleef & Arpels, $5,750.
- Cyber-shot DSC-T77 10.1 megapixel camera by Sony, $300.
- Silk bag by Hermès, $1,725.
- Tiger-embossed bronzer (five percent of proceeds benefit Traffic, which monitors the illegal trade of endangered species) by Chantecaille, $85.
- Suede sandals with semiprecious stones by Sigerson Morrison, $545.
- Gold Shine lip gloss by Chanel, $26.
- Nylon bag with satin lining by MZ Wallace, $345.
- Enamel bracelets with topaz and sapphire by MCL by Matthew Campbell Laurenza, from $1,900.
- Stretch satin top by Roberta Freymann, $225.
On 35 beachfront acres in the southern Indian town of Pondicherry, on the Bay of Bengal, the new Dune hotel has 47 stylish thatched-roof bungalows, plus an eco-friendly vibe. Doubles from $110.
Play maharajah with the two-night Royal Retreat at Udaipur’s opulent Taj Lake Palace, on the edge of Lake Pichola: the package includes a sunset cruise, half-day city tour, and dinner for two. Doubles from $1,389.
Rev up for a scenic ride along the Pacific Coast Highway with items to get your engine started.
- Tortoise-frame sunglasses by Moscot, $199.
- Cashmere wrap by White + Warren, $275.
- Chronograph watch with stainless-steel–and-rubber strap by Montblanc, $3,705.
- Ostrich-leather gloves by Burberry, $595.
- Digital SLR D90 camera with HD video recording capability by Nikon, $1,300.
- Stamped-leather bag by MaxMara, $1,340.
- Suede-and–patent driving shoes by Salvatore Ferragamo, $425.
- Goatskin wallet by Anya Hindmarch, $135.
- Leather Food & Wine diary by Mrs. John L Strong, $295.
- Leather journal by Smythson of Bond Street, $170.
- Roadster cologne with mint, patchouli, and vanilla notes by Cartier, $105.
- Nylon tote by Perry Ellis, $135.
Stay in a Mongolian-esque yurt complete with redwood decks and Adirondack chairs at the Treebones Resort in Big Sur, an eco-property perched high above the Pacific. Doubles from $155.
The Golf & Spa Experience at Newport Beach’s Palladian-inspired Resort at Pelican Hill—the latest place to stay on Route 1—combines the best of both worlds: guests get a round of golf on one of SoCal’s top courses and a treatment at its 23,000-square-foot spa. Doubles from $795.
Did you enjoy this article?Share it.