High Altitude Skin Care
Credit: Carry-on products
Published: March 2009
These carry-on products will keep your skin healthy and hydrated—even at 32,000 feet.
- Freshen up your skin with Apivita (apivita.us) cleansing tissues, which work without water.
- The aloe-vera and linden-flower base of the Elemis (select Nordstrom stores; 888/282-6060; nordstrom.com) antioxidant-loaded Pro-Collagen Hand and Nail Cream relieves the most chapped skin.
- Apply Skyn Iceland (888/333-7596; skyniceland.com) Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gel patches right before you land; they depuff with a cooling sensation.
- A spritz of Shu Uemura’s (shuuemura-usa.com) mineral-rich Depsea Water is a quick and easy way to add extra moisture.
- The SheerinO’kho (212/941-4222; spacenk.com) First Class Flight face cream utilizes ingredients like Indian senna (a plant used in ayurvedic treatments) to combat in-flight dryness—plus, it has a nice, light texture.
- Keep your lips nourished by applying Fresh (800/373-7420; fresh.com) Sugar Lip Gloss, made with vitamin E and shea butter.
- Pack an extra hydrating punch by using the 8 Flower Nectar from Darphin (866/880-4559; darphin.com) under your moisturizer. Added bonus: its mix of flower oils makes for a mini aromatherapy session.
- Store everything in a chic felt cosmetics case by Hermès (Hermès stores; 800/441-4488; hermes.com).