Pamela Berry, Creative Director
• A sailboat big enough to sleep six or eight people comfortably. I want to spend next summer sailing from Dubrovnik to Greece to Turkey.
Margot Guralnick, Features Editor
• A year's supply of Japanese Pocky chocolates for afternoon snacking.
• A week at the Hotel Santa Fe, Puerto Escondido, Mexico, where I got married (and haven't returned in five years).
• A tour of Uzbekistan and the Kyrgyz Republic with Aid to Artisans, the nonprofit group that helps keep foreign crafts collectives in business.
• A $1,000 gift certificate from Max, a great clothing shop in Denver.
• Someone to organize my travel photos or, better yet, the time to do it myself.
Laura Gharrity, Associate Art Director
Necessities for the ultimate rock-climbing trip:
• Six months off with pay.
• Open plane ticket to anywhere in the world with good climbing.
• The North Face four-season Stratos backpacking tent.
• Three pairs each of Prana climbing pants and shorts (black).
• Seven Speedo sports bras (various colors).
• Two pairs Nike Pegasus running shoes.
Nancy Novogrod, Editor in Chief
• A T. Anthony duffel bag to replace the 20-year-old one I recently lost.
• A pair of Vasque Sundowner hiking boots (my daughter has them).
• To get better, faster in Italian, so I can communicate with the neighbors I'd like to have one day in Tuscany.
• A Luminox Navy Seals watch for scuba diving.
• A leather-bound travel diary from Graphic Image's Century Collection.
Elizabeth Garnsey, Assistant Editor
• A Rare Earth Explorations elephant safari in Rajasthan.
• A custom-carved totem pole from the Alaska Indian Arts Center -- it takes two or three carvers about 600 hours to make one.
Sheila Glaser, Senior Editor
• The 1851 English translation of von Humboldt's six-volume Personal Narrative of Travels to the Equinoctial Regions of the New Continent, an account of his voyage up the Orinoco and elsewhere in South America.
• A houseboat trip on the Mekong River.
Joie Dietrich, Art Assistant/Designer
• Any of these Burton snowboards: FL Project 62 (very cool design); Custom 56 (perfect for powder); or Floater 55 (for doing tricks).
• K2 snowboard boots -- great because they're snug but comfortable.
• A Stüssy skullcap-shaped snowboard hat -- any color.
Barbara Peck, Executive Editor
• A big, soccer-mom-type van with a TV so my kids will always be happy to go on the road.
• A Special Expeditions trip to the Galápagos Islands with my family.
• A Sony CFD-W57 portable stereo system so I can have music wherever I go.
Mario Mercado, Assistant Editor
• A rail trip on the new Great South Pacific Express. Service begins in April; the full itinerary is Sydney-Brisbane-Cairns. From Brisbane, you can take a helicopter to the Great Barrier Reef.
Emily Berquist, Editorial Assistant
• A visit to the hot tubs of Ten Thousand Waves, a Japanese-style spa near Santa Fe.
• An aluminum travel makeup case like the pros carry.
Mark Orwoll, Managing Editor
• Mephisto Daytona driving shoes.
• A compact world-band radio.
• Lessons in how to be a train engineer at the Harz Mountains Steam Railroad in Germany.
Kimberly Robinson, Associate Editor
• A 15-day trip to Morocco with Overseas Adventure Travel -- especially for the three nights of camping in the Sahara.
• A leather photo album from Paolo Olbi stationers in Venice -- and acid-free magnetic pages from Exposures to fill it.
Jeff Bauman, Assistant Copy Editor
• A top-of-the-line Ricoh RDC-300 digital camera.
• An Apple iMac computer for E-mailing my digital vacation photos to everyone.
• A fancy Replogle globe -- one that's updatable.
Hannah Wallace, Editorial Assistant
• Two weeks backpacking in Chile's magnificent Parque Nacional Torres del Paine, while rereading Isabel Allende's House of the Spirits.
Laura Begley, Senior Editor
• Slinky Parisian lingerie from Sabbia Rosa, on Rue des Saints-Pères. The perfect place for men to shop for their girlfriends.
• Fuji's titanium Tiara camera -- as small as a credit card.
• Membership card to Voyage, the London store. So 1997, but I still want to browse for tatty cashmere cardigans alongside Nicole Kidman.
• A snow globe containing a replica of Frank Gehry's
fish sculpture at the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis.
• A shopping trip in India, though a sari duvet from Tocca would do.
• Paul Smith tortoiseshell sunglasses, model 307S -- made for men but way chic on a woman.
• Tanner Krolle's boxy vanity case in supple red leather.
• A suite at the Four Seasons in New York for my 30th birthday on -- take note -- January 9.
Valerie Fong, Associate Art Director
• A tour of buildings I've seen only in photographs: Notre Dame-du-Haut in Ronchamp, France; the Matisse Chapel in Vence, France; the Church of the Light in Osaka; the Guggenheim Bilbao; the Alhambra; the Pyramids; and the Vitra Museum, Weil-am-Rhein, Germany.
• Travel-size tins of Fortnum & Mason's Earl Grey tea. No tea bags!!
• A cross-country trip in an old VW van, stopping at every groovy diner and flea market along the way.
• A black cashmere shawl to help prevent in-flight frostbite.
• Tickets -- and strawberries and cream, with champagne -- for Wimbledon.
• Nikon 8-20 x 25 Eagleview Zoom NCP binoculars.
• An eating tour of China.
• Malian photographer Seydou Keïta's book of portraits (called Seydou Keïta, from Scalo Books).
Erik Torkells, Senior Editor
• An Iridium satellite phone. It works anywhere -- and it would put my friends' candy-colored Nokias to shame.
• Butterfield & Robinson's walking tour of Patagonia. It looks out-of-this-world beautiful, and I love the idea of hiking across a glacier.
• A charcoal-gray cashmere V-neck from TSE.
• Lessons at the Golf Academy at Pebble Beach. I think I finally have the patience.
• A Braun travel clock. Recently, I stayed at a funky Palm Springs inn -- no phones, no clocks -- and I had a 7 a.m. flight.
• Feathercraft K-Light Plus sea kayak. Perfect for a carless New Yorker, it folds up into a backpack.
• Wheeled Tumi suitcase -- one that fits in the overhead compartment.
• Bulgari Eau Parfumée Cologne au Thé Vert.
• Tickets to the 2000 Olympics in Sydney. And how about first-class airfare?