U.S. + Canada
1. GREAT VALUE San Francisco The Four Seasons makes luxury shopping in nearby Union Square even more enticing. Their partnership with stores like Gump's and Boucheron means discounts of up to 20 percent, and some of these merchants have created shopping experiences just for hotel guests, such as a private showing (with a glass of wine) at Emporio Armani. 800/332-3442; www.fourseasons.com;Nightly rates start from $490 plus tax, with a two-night stay required. 2. Boston Leah Eckelberger, of Jean Therapy boutique, will bring samples to try on in your suite at the Hotel Commonwealth. Bonus: Get a 20-percent discount at the Kenmore Square store. 617/933-5000; www.hotelcommonwealth.com; doubles from $379, weekends only.
3. Paris Booking a room at Le Meurice now includes a consultation with a personal stylist, who will develop a shopping itinerary for you—your own little black book of the First Arrondissement. She might suggest visiting two of the neighborhood's draws: designer Vanessa Bruno's boutique, on the Rue de Castiglione, and parfumerie Frédéric Malle. Back at the hotel, unwind with a wine-based facial at the hotel's spa, followed by a session with Chanel's in-house makeup artist. Ask for the So Paris, So Chic package. 800/650-1842; www.lemeurice.com; doubles from $3,326 for two nights. 4. GREAT VALUE Italy Starhotels' personal shoppers take you to stock up on Gucci, Prada, and Valentino at the outlets near their hotels. Ask for the Starshopping package. 800/816-6001; www.starhotels.com; doubles from $153.
U.S. + Canada
5. Palm Springs A new three-day package at the Parker Palm Springs is perfect for groups trying to channel their inner child. Think: singing songs at a firepit and playing croquet. When it's time to feel like a grown-up again, the new 16,500-square-foot spa, called the Palm Springs Yacht Club, has treatments such as desert seawater wraps. The spa menu tolerates cheaters, who can supplement their ahi tuna Bibb salad with lobster macaroni and cheese from Norma's restaurant. 800/543-4300; www.palmspringsyachtclub.com; three-day package, from $1,500 per person, single. 6. South Beach The spa package at the Setai includes a rose-petal bath, private yoga sessions, and ayurvedic facials for two. 305/520-6000; www.setai.com; three days, from $3,159 per person, double.
7. Mauritius Taj Exotica Resort & Spa's new Jiva Grande Spa on this Indian Ocean island culls its signature treatments from more than 6,000 years of ayurvedic tradition. This means you can enjoy a sushupti (rhythmic) massage in between your meditation session and lunch from the spa menu. 866/969-1825; www.tajhotels.com; doubles from $1,090 per person. 8. Mexico Practice Ashtanga yoga and learn healthy cooking (think tamarind sangrita with pan-seared scallops) at the beachside Maroma Resort & Spa on the Riviera Maya, where you can snorkel off the second-largest barrier reef in the world. Spa staffers take guests to meditate at the nearby Mayan ruins of Cobá. 866/454-9351; www.maromahotel.com; doubles from $3,100 per person for five nights.
U.S. + Canada
9. Hawaii Paddle a traditional outrigger canoe in the Pacific waters off the Big Island, while staying at the Fairmont Orchid. Begin the morning by hiking through the resort's own Holoholokai Petroglyph Park, a jungle with ancient lava etchings. Then take a seaside yoga class or go straight for the ginger, mango, and salt scrub in a waterfall hale (hut), surrounded by fragrant plumeria blossoms and Tahitian ginger flowers. 800/441-1414; www.fairmont.com; doubles from $819. 10. GREAT VALUE St. Thomas At Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort, women get pedicures plus a personalized fitting with Zora, a local sandal-maker. Request the If the Shoe Fits package. 888/236-2427; www.marriott.com; doubles from $1,832 for four nights.
11. Bora-Bora Why leave it to the honeymooners?At the Bora Bora Lagoon Resort & Spa, the overwater bungalows also welcome groups of friends. As part of the Gauguin's Girls package, take Polynesian dance lessons from women in traditional costume, sign up for a Monoi oil massage, and watch locals harvest their most famous crop—black pearls. 800/860-4095; www.boraboralagoon.com; doubles from $5,060 for five nights. 12. Punta Mita Get energized at the Four Seasons with a Pilates mat class or a surfing lesson, or relax with a tequila, lime, and salt rubdown (Margarita Scrub). Your personal chef will prepare dishes like tuna sashimi with Meyer lemon-and-ginger dressing. 888/647-0979; www.fourseasons.com; groups of four from $14,000 for three nights.