Two words: Binge watch.
Flights offer the perfect excuse to turn off your phone, kick back, and binge on your favorite movies and TV shows.
For travelers taking a flight across six major U.S. airlines this month, here are the new in-flight options.
- New Releases: The Infiltrator, Captain Fantastic, Star Trek Beyond, Love & Friendship, Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates, Independence Day: Resurgence, Papa: Hemingway in Cuba, Finding Dory, Central Intelligence, and The Conjuring 2.
- Contemporary Classics (2000s to today): Star Trek (2009), Star Trek - Into the Darkness, and The Conjuring.
- Classics (1960s to 1990s): The Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, Hocus Pocus, Casper, and Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles.
- Documentary: Life, Animated and For the Love of Spock.
- Foreign: Ferien, Le Confessioni (The Confessions), Vengo Volviendo (Here and There), A Fool, iGirl, Judge Archer, The Kid from the Big Apple, Maniac Hero, 0.5MM, Terra Formars, and Six Four: Part 2.
- Movies: Keanu, The Nice Guys, Me Before You, Captain America: Civil War, X-Man: Apocalypse, Money Monster, Mothers Day, The Boss, Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising, The Huntsman: Winter’s War, and Deadpool.
- TV Shows: House of Cards, Jane the Virgin, The Affair, Billions, Vinyl, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Ray Donovan, The Big Bang Theory, Girls, Arthur, and Fraggle Rock.
- For a full set of what's showing in October, click here.
- Movies (aboard WiFi-enabled flights): X-Men: Apocalypse, Central Intelligence and Warcraft, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2, and Now You See Me.
- Live TV: The Mindy Project, 11-22-63, and new episodes of House Hunters International, Caribbean Life and Expedition Unknown.
- Movies: Star Trek Beyond, Love & Friendship, Finding Dory, Central Intelligence, Independence Day Resurgence, The Infiltrator, Now You See Me 2, Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates, Captain Fantastic, The Conjuring 2, The Shallows, Free State of Jones, Now You See Me, Fast Five, Star Trek, This Means War, Star Trek Into Darkness, Serendipity, Interstellar, The Social Network, Wolf of Wall Street, Dallas Buyers Club, Everybody’s Fine, and Hidalgo.
- Tablet Features :Independence Day: Resurgence, Central Intelligence, Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates, and Finding Dory
- Alaska Beyond Entertainment Features: X-Men Apocalypse, Warcraft, The Jungle Book, and Central Intelligence.
- Over a dozen business & innovation programs which, starting in October, will be branded as the Bloomberg TV channel.
- Seatback on-demand entertainment movies: Captain Fantastic, Central Intelligence, Finding Dory, Hotel Transylvania, Julie & Julia, JAWS, Independence Day: Resurgence, Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates, Star Trek Beyond, The Shallows, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, The Social Network, Purple Rain, Tribeca Film Festival Presents: Listen Up Phillip, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, Charlie's Angels, Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Anatomy of a Murder, Across the Universe, Stardust, The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland, The Bucket List, The Conjuring 2, The Maltese Falcon, The Prestige, The Sixth Sense, Three, The Kid From The Big Apple, The Here After, Ki & Ka India, Kill Time, Phantom Detective, Laal Rang, and Six Four: Part 2.
- Seatback on-demand entertainment TV shows: Air Jaws: Night Stalker , America's National Parks, Animal Kingdom, Ballers, Bob's Burgers, Brain Games 5, Brooklyn Nine- Nine, Casual- S1, Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, Elementary, Explorer: Bill Nye's Global Meltdown, Explorers: Adventures of the Century, FRONTLINE: Growing Up Trans, Inside the PGA TOUR, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Kriss Kyle's Kaleidoscope, Mom, My Millennial Life, NCIS: New Orleans, New Girl, Pop Profiles, Secrets of the Dead, Sharks vs. Dolphins: Face Off, Silicon Valley, Speechless, Superstore, The Autistic Gardener, The Big Bang Theory, The First 48, The Girlfriend Experience, The Last Man on Earth, The Middle, The Night Of, Tiger Beach, Tiny House Nation, Tribeca Film Festival Presents: Cuddle Party, Tribeca Film Festival Presents: Homeland, Veep, What's Hot in Japan, Whose Line Is It Anyway? (US), Yaar mera superstar, Chopped- S28, Vevo: Emerging Artists. Vevo: Happy Birthday, Usher, Vevo: On Tour: Adele, Vevo: Top Dance, Vevo: Top Videos, Vevo: Top Latin, Vevo: Top Country.
- You can also see what's playing on United Airlines' mainstream programming and for personal device entertainment.
Talia Avakian is a digital reporter at Travel + Leisure. Follow her on Twitter at @TaliaAvak.